34 C
New Delhi
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
HomeWorldUproar over Israeli Minister Ben-Gvir's statement on Gaza; says 30-40 people should...

Uproar over Israeli Minister Ben-Gvir’s statement on Gaza; says 30-40 people should be killed every night.

Following the Hamas attack on Israel in October 2023, the Israeli military spared no effort in bombing Gaza—reducing it to ruins—while simultaneously aiming to break the back of Hamas. Now, a hardline lawmaker within Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition government has publicly advocated for killing 30 to 40 people in Gaza every night. This statement has sparked an uproar; the remarks made by National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir circulated rapidly across Palestinian media.

Ben-Gvir: People in Gaza Should Be Targeted and Killed

Itamar Ben-Gvir made this statement during a podcast hosted by Rom Braslavsky, a former hostage held in Gaza. The two were discussing the situation in Israel following the October 7, 2023, Hamas attack. During the conversation, Ben-Gvir criticized the recent reduction in Israeli airstrikes on Gaza. He stated, “It is no secret that I disagree with the Prime Minister. I believe that people in Gaza should be targeted and killed—specifically, 30 to 40 people should be targeted every night. Not just those who pose an immediate threat; there are some there who do not deserve to live. They should not be left alive.”

Ben-Gvir is Among Israel’s Influential Leaders

Statements of this nature by Ben-Gvir and other Israeli officials have previously drawn widespread criticism. Many such statements have even been presented before the UN’s World Court as evidence of genocidal intent. However, Israel denies allegations of genocide in Gaza. While Ben-Gvir does not have the authority to directly order military strikes, he is one of Israel’s influential leaders. He oversees critical components of the security apparatus, including the country’s prison system and the national police. A large number of people have died in Israeli attacks amidst the ongoing conflict in Gaza. Meanwhile, efforts to secure a ceasefire in the war against Hamas are also underway.

Kushner Meets Hamas Chief Regarding Gaza Plan

US negotiator and President Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, met with the Hamas chief on Sunday as part of a new diplomatic initiative to advance a ceasefire in Gaza. Kushner is also scheduled to meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The aim of these talks is to advance a US-backed 15-point plan. This plan calls for Hamas to lay down its arms in Gaza and for Israel to withdraw its troops from the war-torn Palestinian territory. A regional official and a Hamas official confirmed this rare meeting between Kushner and Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya. Both spoke on condition of anonymity, as they were not authorized to speak to the media. In addition to Kushner, officials from Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey also participated in the meeting with al-Hayya.

Meanwhile, tensions between Israel and Hezbollah have escalated again following an Israeli airstrike in southern Lebanon. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu alleged that Hezbollah violated the ceasefire by attacking Israeli soldiers, leaving three of them seriously injured. In response, the Israeli military struck a Hezbollah position.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

New Delhi
overcast clouds
34 ° C
34.1 °
34 °
59 %
5.7kmh
97 %
Tue
35 °
Wed
33 °
Thu
37 °
Fri
40 °
Sat
39 °

Most Popular